Jan 14, 2011

Water and ice

So I was reading about archetypal astrology (Jung, and so on), which got me thinking about Uranus (there's an interesting argument made by some that Uranus should be renamed Prometheus, partly to avoid bad cow puns). It's currently in the constellation of Pisces. I came across this:
Pisces is ruled by Neptune, and Uranus is ruled by Aquarius. Since they have swapped signs -- planetary trading spaces -- the two planets are said to be in "mutual reception." They are reinforcing each other at this time. With Uranus in Pisces, we can have shocking floods literally, but there are also waves of consciousness that change the psychic landscape. Neptune in the sign of the Waterbearer (Aquarius) brings on waves that run through the global mind, as triggers for revolutionary change. Are dreams of great floods about actual deluges, or are they symbolic for a wave of consciousness overtaking everyone? These two heavy hitting outer planets bring both kinds of waves, suddenly, to change our world.
And what's going on right now? Epic floods all over the southern hemisphere.


What's the connection with everything else? I don't know, really. I think it's a good sign that this could also imply a "wave of consciousness," but maybe that's just wishful thinking.

There's another curious angle. Aquarius is also known as an "iceman," because he tends to be colder in relation to people than most others, slightly aloof.


Meanwhile, this winter has been historically freezing in the northern hemisphere. In the anime series Knights of the Zodiac, each constellation is represented by a Knight, or Saint, who has powers related to that constellation. The Aquarius Saint Knight has ice powers (which his disciple eventually uses against him), since Aquarius is indeed the sign of ice, essentially.

Incidentally, the Knight, Camus, is named after the French-Algerian philosopher and novelist Albert Camus.



I mentioned the movie I Heart Huckabees recently. One of the influences on the movie was Camus:
In his essays Camus presented the reader with dualisms: happiness and sadness, dark and light, life and death, etc.
Once again we come back to dualisms. Speaking of which, I recently saw Black Swan, and I was astounded. I cannot say enough about it, and I've only seen it once. In the future I'm going to post about the Edgar Allan Poe overtones of the film, which are quite salient. If you haven't seen it, I urge you to.


Oh, and did I mention that Camus's disciple is the Saint Knight for the constellation of Swan?

I've seen lots of good movies lately, all of which I'd love to talk about. However, that's not really realistic. I do intend to make comments about a select few, though, including the aforementioned two. I don't intend to make any of them as extensive as the post about The Brothers Bloom.

Anyway, it's just that this was all very interesting given that I'm an Aquarius myself...

No comments:

Post a Comment